Let’s talk about non-conforming banisters.
I put off this project for quite a bit. But then our friends Kate and Zoe were coming to visit and Zoe is a certifiable danger girl so I knew I had to take care of it before they arrived. So, obviously, I did it the day before we picked them up at the airport. Ha.
The tools were simple. Zip ties, nails, hammer scissors, and this plastic poultry netting stuff. Turns out my kitchen shears were plenty sharp for this job, so the pruning shears were unnecessary.
This is what the stair situation looked like before we got started. Notice the baby gate at the landing. That was our only baby-proofing up until this point. It also keeps the dogs downstairs.
Please ignore my slightly ghetto use of packing tape to close the gap between the two layers of poultry netting. I was using zip ties that I already had, and unfortunately ran out when I could have used just two more to finish up. Tape was my easiest I-don’t-want-to-go-to-the-store solution.
All in all, I think it came out just fine. I mean, the black blends in with the banisters and even matches our baby gate! Most importantly, no one can fall through the spindles. Safety first!